The quickest...most delicious... dessert that has been a favourite on all South African's tables! Served warm, this makes the perfect Winter Dessert!
Provided by Woolworths Foods
- Mix the sugar, the eggs, vanilla essence and milk together, till all the sugar has been dissolved.
- Layer your slices of bread in a greased baking pan.
- Pour the mixture over the slices of bread, making sure that all the slices are nicely coated, if there are pieces on the top that are sticking out, gently push them down with a fork so that they are also nicely coated.
- Sprinkle fine cinnamon over the top.
- Place some cinnamon stick pieces on the top as well as blobs of margarine.
- Bake the bread pudding in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 – 25minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean and when you press gently down on the top of the bread pudding is firm. If it is still wobbly then bake it for a couple more minutes.
PS: Do not be afraid that when you take it out of the oven it sinks a little, that is perfectly normal.
Serve with hot custard and enjoy!!! If you want a sweeter bread pudding, you can add more castor sugar
Physical: Office A2
95 Umhlanga Rocks Drive Durban North 4051